Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Embracing Insanity

Yesterday I had finished writing the six chapter of my book, and I must tell you that I was stoked about writing! The chapter is about encouraging fellow Christians to have a passionate focus on living the life that Jesus set in front of us to live, a life that involves suffering and persecution. I was convicted to write it, cause I myself was encourage after reading a chapter in a book I finished reading yesterday called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, which was about suffering. I pretty literally encouraged about what he had to say; like for instance he said that most Christians like to play it safe and try to avoid doing things that are uncomfortable and extremely dangerous. Another thing he mention was how some Christians criticize their brothers and sisters in Christ who make the right choice and decision that will put them in situations where they will more than likely suffer and be persecuted for the sake of Christ.
I was sad as I thought about how he is so true about those things, and I am one of those Christians who play it safe. So I prayed to God that I will be convicted to take advantage of oppurtunities that will put me in a dangerous situation, or make others think I'm insane. Us Christians who have been redeemed by Christ's love, are called to live a life full of suffering persecution, and uncomfortableness. Yes we are called to toss away the life of sanity, and pursue and embrace the life of insanity.

No comments: