Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Can't Keep Silent!

The Great Commission is a command, not a choice. We're all called as followers of Christ to preach the gospel to every creature. We can't keep silent!

Why should I be selfish?
To keep Christ to myself?
To keep silent of His redemptive work at Calvary?
While millions near and far never heard!
While every second more than a handful of people die without hearing the Good News!
They walk into hell to spend an eternity in outer darkness and unspeakable torment!
Such terror, such tragedy!
I can't find any reason or excuse not to proclaim the gospel!
To lost here in my own city, and the unreached in places like Somalia!
So may I not only do so out of obedience
But more so out of love! Love for the lost and unreached.
And most of all because I love you, my Lord my God!
So may I die to self daily! To be selfless,
And count other more significant than myself!
To become less, so You may become greater!
To face hardships, trials, suffering, and persecution,
For the sake of the lost,
And for the sake of Christ & the gospel!
May they be saved, and may You be glorified!
I'm willing to die so they may live!
Yes, I'm willing to disappear,
So You may appear in and through me!

No comments: