Saturday, April 14, 2012

Growing Book List

 Earlier this week, Tues through Thurs I was down in Louisville, KY for a conference called Together for the Gospel. It's a biennial conference focused on.....the Gospel. Big name pastors and such spoke, like John Piper, C.J. Mahaney, David Platt, Mark Dever, Matt Chandler, and more. You can listen to the audios or watch the videos of all 9 main sessions here: http://t4g.org/
 One of the sweet things about the conference was a lot of free books! Now there were 2 bookstores at the conference. The Zero dollar bookstore was where you would get your free books at, and at the other bookstore you of course had to buy the books. Now you would think I would be content with all the free books I recieved, but....no I did buy some. So for those who asked here are all the ones I got, the free ones and the one's I bought:

The Gospel for Muslims by Thabiti Anyabwile

Health, Wealth, & Happiness (Has the Prosperity Gospel Overshadowed the Gospel of Christ) by David W. Jones & Russel S. Woodbridge

The Cross and Christian Ministry  by D.A. Carson

The Church (The Gospel Made Visible) by Mark Dever

What is the Mission of the Church? by Kevin DeYoung & Greg Glibert

The Pleasures of God by John Piper

How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home by Derek W.H Thomas

Fellowship with God by Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Hudson Taylor (Gospel Pioneer to China) by Vance Christie

Turning to God by David F. Wells

Reformation: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow by Carl Trueman

Church Membership by Jonathan Leeman

Preaching & Preachers by Martyn Llyod-Jones

The Cross of Christ by John Stott

Then there are ones that I got before the conference that I either am currently reading or have yet to read:

The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler w/ Jared Wilson

In My Place Condemned He Stood by J. I. Packer & Mark Dever

To the Golden Shore (The Life of Adoniram Judson) by Courtney Anderson

The Attributes of God by A.W. Pink

A God-Sized Vision by Collin Hansen & John Woodbridge

Reckless Adandon by  David Sitton

Think by John Piper

The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul

The Kingdom of God by Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Justification and Regeneration by Charles Leiter

The Transforming Power of the Gospel by Jerry Bridges

George Whitefield by Arnold A. Dallimore

The Gospel Commission by Michael Horton


 I'm pretty sure I won't be buying anymore books this year. Yea, I'm set! Yet, I'm aiming to keep getting into the Sciptures. For all these other books are like appetizers, while God's Word is like the main course, more so, it's like a feast!

No comments: