Thursday, August 29, 2013

Indy Somali Outreach

 Dear Brother's and sisters,


 Aaah! I've found it hard to contain my excitement since last night. The Lord has given me and another brother an opportunity for gospel ministry here in Indy! Now before, I was told that there weren't many Somalis here in Indianapolis; just a good few. Of course with that (to me) not being enough for long term ministry. That led to my aim of trying to move down to Louisville where a rough estimate of about 6,000 live. So until yesterday afternoon, that's what I was gonna shoot for- moving down to Louisville to do gospel ministry among the Somalis there (within 2 yrs).

Yet the Lord in His sovereignty allowed me and my friend (Austin Rogers) to meet up with a guy who heads up a team/ministry who reaches out to internationals in the city. Is was at one point he brought up the Somalis, sharing how some guys have a ministry reaching out to Somali taxi drivers in town. We then asked him how many Somalis are in Indy. Ha, he said about a rough estimate of about 1,500, in which a good majority of them live on the westside! He went on to share how there's a coffee shop in the area where they can be found where a bunch of Somalis hangout!
  Later that day my friend shared with me a vision of pouring ourselves and the Gospel into these Somalis. Starting at this coffee shop building gospel-intentional relationships, with the hope of eventually seeing a Somali family get saved though doing a bible study with them, they start sharing with other Somalis around them, more get saved, and.....well you get the idea! Generational discipleship people (See Acts 18)!
 Yes, as I have said before, I say again- I just can't contain my excitement! I'm stoked that the Lord provided this opportunity in His sovereignty, and by His grace given us a vision for this task, this mission! So I ask for your prayers, for without the Spirit present with us in our labors, and apart from the Lord working, we would be laboring in vain.  Thanks for your time, and in advance, for your prayers!

"May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!" ~ John Leonard Dober & David Nitschman

"Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things!
His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. The LORD has made known his salvation; he has revealed his righteousness in the sigh of the nations." ~Psalm 98:1-2

No comments: