Friday, September 6, 2013

Life is A Stewardship

 Hmm.....you know what comes to mind at this moment? Stewardship. You know what verses or quotes that come to mind when I think of stewardship?

"You are not your own, for you were bought with a price."~1 Corinthians 6:19b-20

"and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sakes died and was raised." ~2 Corinthians 5:15

"Oh Father use this ransomed life in any way you choose, and let my song forever be, 'My only boast is You'!" ~All I Have is Christ by Sovereign Grace Music

 There's really much I can say about Stewardship, and ya'll can feel free to put in your thoughts on the matter, but I guess I'd like to share how that look for me personally
 Simply put my prayer as of late has been this:

Oh, Lord Most High
Use me up
Exhaust me
I want to be poured out
For the sake of Christ,
The advancement
Of Your Kingdom
And the building up
Of the Body of Christ
Amen

In regards to the Advancement of the Kingdom

 Well, this simply mean evangelism & disciple-making. I wanna preach the Gospel, being so enthralled & dazzled by it that is flows out of my mouth; whether I'm at home, work, downtown Indy, at the grocery store, at a coffee shop.....ha, wherever!
 Yet, the aim in preaching the Gospel is to make disciples who make disciples who make disciples and so on (Matt 28:18-20 & 2 Tim 2:2). Now that's where it's at! For the apostle Paul himself counted the task he was given of proclaiming the Gospel of God's grace more precious & valuable than his own life (Acts 20:24)! This is not just something I'm called to, but ALL followers of Christ are called to. No exceptions. No excuses.



In regards to the building up of the Body of Christ

 As we know we're called to live out the Christian life in the community of other believers (Heb 10:25, 1 Cor 12:12-30, & Eph 2:19-21), because Christ has purchased for himself a people by His blood shed on the Cross and His resurrection (1 Pet 2:9 & Rev 7:9-10). We're also called to love one another, serve one another, encourage one another, build one another up, and so on. For me I see pouring myself into fellow saints on Sunday morning worship gatherings, in small group, and over coffee meets. Caring for those within the body (like the elderly, widows, handicapped, & others). Discipling those who are babes in the faith and the kiddos. Also using the gifts, talents, and the abilities the Lord has blessed me with to over and over point my brothers & sisters to the Cross & help them grow in Christ all the more! Simply loving others!

 So what do you all think? Agree or disagree? My last thoughts are this- that Christ died so that we can live to make much of Him, to make Him look good, and to know Him and make Him known (1 Tim 1:15-17 & 1 Pet 3:18)! Yes, the Gospel frees us from living for ourselves to live for the Lord Most High!


 



No comments: