Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Battle for True Contentment

I'm currently at war against my selfish desires and God's sovereign will. I long for His will to be done. I want to content in His will. Thy way not mine own Lord; however hard, painful, and confusing it may be. Not just for this moment, but for my future; for every area of my life. I want to be like Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane saying "Not as I will, but as you will."

Whether I get married or stay single

Whether I go to college, and perhaps seminary or not

Whether I actually am sent out onto the field or I send others out

Whether I stay in Indy or eventually move to a different state

Whether my voice gets fully restored or it stays gruff & rough

And in every other area of my life. Everything big, small, and inbetween.

I want to be content with Christ, abiding in Him above all else. Not having a care about the fleeting pleasures of sin, this world and my own selfish desires. Chasing after Him, and clinging to Him. This is my prayer. This my battle. If God is for me....then who can be against me? If I delight myself in Him, then He will give me the desires of my heart; namely Himself. I want my life to be all for Christ, and all about Christ. I want to disappear, so that Christ may shine ever so brightly and radiantly. To Him be all power, wisdom, honor, glory, and praise, from everlasting to everlasting! Amen.

1 comment:

Sarah Chase said...

I love this, Josh - it speaks to my heart. Thank you for writing this...it encourages me to do the same. I feel like often it's hard to be content because of our surroundings and our current modern culture in the U.S. and what culture tells us will make us "complete"...isn't it crazy to think that He is the ONLY ONE who will make us complete? He's the only one who can fill us, and He fills us to the brim. He offers himself so freely...I'm in the same boat as you. :)