Monday, January 17, 2011

Following Their Example

Dear Friends,


The past few weeks (including last month), have been quite a bit for me. A lot has happened in my life, and in the lives of some dear friends of mine during these past few weeks. I can go on listing out what has happened, but......I won't do that. Although I would see myself possibly sharing some of those things in future blog posts.

The one thing I will share is that God has reminded me of Philippians 3:17; in which Paul says, "Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us." This verse has come to mind when I spent time with some dear friends, brothers and sisters in the faith. This passages and others encourage us as Christians to imitate those who are basically imitating Christ in different areas of the faith. I can't begin to tell you the many ways I've seen my dear friends imitate Christ in many different ways. They have set an example before me to follow. It's such an encouragement for me!

Not only that, but I want to be sure that I set a Christlike example before them, and my family as well. That is my goal for this year. I want my character and conduct to be centered around Christ and the gospel, so that those whom I love friends and family alike can have an example they can follow.

Now I encourage you to aim on doing the same yourself my dear friend. Yea, we won't be perfect at doing so, but as long as our eyes are fixed on Christ, and our hearts rooted so deep in Him, then it can surely happen.

In Christ,
Joshua A. Taylor

No comments: