Saturday, April 28, 2012

We Lift High the Cross

Now I'm not too big on Chris Tomlin to be honest. I mean yes, there are songs of his that I enjoy like "Our God" and "Jesus Messiah", but he's not among the artist and bands that I love listening to. He's not among those who's next album I look forward to listening; though his recent song "White Flag" has got me putting it on repeat as I drive to work or church.
 White Flag was performed live at the 2012 Passion Conference down in Alanta, GA, but I didn't hear it until it first came on the radio. Oh my my1 Let me tell you! I'm definitely hooked on the song! It's not a deep theological song really, and that's one thing that really gets me hooked on a song. Yet, there are some songs that I like simply because of one line. Now with Chris Tomlin's White Flag, the whole song, to me, is sweet goodness, but there is one line that gets me. It's the bridge or.....refrain....whatever you wanna call it. It goes like this- "We lift the cross, lift it high, lift it high! ". What truth!
 I don't know if this is out of sync of the whole message of the song, but what I think about as that part of the song come up is the whole idea of what the body of Christ, the church, is all about. The Gospel.
 Yes, when you boil it down to its essence, we, the body of Christ, is all about Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

"Only let your manner be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel."- Philippians 1:27


 As the body of Christ, the church, the bride of Jesus, we are called to, not only individually, but also together to lift high the Cross, to advance the Gospel, to represent Jesus or Savior and Lord! To be sure that all we do as the body of Christ lifts high the Cross and serves as a means to advance the Gospel! All to the Glory of the Author of the Gospel!


http://youtu.be/e1jgD69WzMY


No comments: